Establish professional basketball at the National Basketball Performance Centre, Belle Vue
Create a culture and environment to promote all aspects of the sport
Raise funds to support professional basketball in Manchester
Celebrate the heritage of professional basketball in Manchester
Being a positive, inclusive and representative organisation for like-minded individuals to support the objectives
Become a Member
Statement of Intent
FOMB is to establish as an accredited ‘trust’ to fulfil the above objectives. It will not seek to
gain ownership of any professional club, but be interested in holding minority shares as a
way of encouraging and developing its membership.
FOMB will protect the integrity of the sport we all love, without prejudice. Invest in the sport
across all age groups and minorities and use the assets we have around us to drive that
The framework of participation basketball within the Greater Manchester community exists
as a huge pool of talent to support this venture. From all aspects of junior and academy
basketball players, to coaches, media professionals and businesses seeking the commercial
value of the proposition.
We seek supporters, we seek investors and we seek ambassadors. Collaboration will
commence with the BBL, Basketball England, MCRActive (owners of NBPC), MMU have
To benefit the Manchester Basketball community by:
1. Being the democratic and representative voice of the supporters of all club and strengthening the bonds between the clubs and the communities which it serves;
2. Achieving the greatest possible supporter and community influence in the running and ownership of the trust.
3. Promoting responsible and constructive community engagement by present and future members of the communities served by the trust and encouraging the clubs to do the same;
4. Operating democratically, fairly, sustainably, transparently and with financial responsibility.
5. Being a positive, inclusive and representative organisation, open and accessible to all players, supporters, coaches across all levels of basketball within the Manchester region. Regardless of their age, income, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality or religious or moral belief.
6. The trust may achieve these objects in whole or in part through an interest or interests in companies or societies provided that the objects of the companies or societies are consistent with the trusts objectives. In particular, in pursuit of these objects (but not otherwise) the trust may acquire an interest in or ownership in any established club.
7. Secure democratic and accountable representation on the board of any club or association. Take any other steps in relation to the above which will enable it to exercise the greatest possible influence in the ownership, governance and management of those organisations.
To express your support or get involved; perhaps you’ve got some items of Manchester basketball history that you would like to share; or maybe you want to film one of our ambassador videos. Get in touch below.